UNIFORM DRESS CODE
The AGS Uniform: Part of the developing tradition of AGS is the uniform dress code. The quality of appearance is related to a sound educational program.
Students not in uniform will be sent home, unless an adequate reason is provided.
- At all times, students must look neat and respectable.
- Summer: dark blue slacks/skirt; white shirt. Students may wear a plain white T-shirt underneath their uniform shirt. Students may not wear any T-shirts with lettering or images as their undershirt. School cap – dark blue with school logo.
- Fall/Winter/Spring: dark blue slacks/skirt; white shirt; dark blue sweater, (or cardigan).
- Skirt hemlines are to be no higher than 5 cm above the top of the kneecap.
- Plain dark shoes and plain socks must be worn. Plain stockings or tights may be worn instead of socks.
- Winter jackets may be worn over the uniform, not instead of the uniform, to and from school, but not in the classroom. These should be dark in colour.
- Shirts must be tucked in.
- Jewelry is not allowed apart from small stud earrings for girls.
- Nail polish and make-up is strictly forbidden.
- Shoes should be black or dark blue – no trainers.
- PE uniform should be worn for PE, on PE days only.
- Long hair should be tied back neatly and colouring of hair is not allowed.
Note: Uniforms can be purchased from the school uniform supplier located at our Izghawa Campus. Shirts, jumpers, cardigans and PE jackets should ideally contain the school logo.