UNIFORM DRESS CODE
The AGS Uniform: Part of the developing tradition of AGS is the uniform dress code. The quality of appearance is related to a sound educational program.
Students not in uniform will be sent home, unless an adequate reason is provided.
- At all times, students must look neat and respectable.
- Summer: dark blue slacks/skirt; white shirt. Students may wear a plain white T-shirt underneath their uniform shirt. Students may not wear any T-shirts with lettering or images as their undershirt. School cap – dark blue with school logo.
- Fall/Winter/Spring: dark blue slacks/skirt; white shirt; school tie; dark blue sweater, (or cardigan). The exact dates from which the school tie must be worn will be announced, varying from year to year, depending on the weather.
- Pinafore hemlines are to be no higher than 5 cm above the top of the kneecap.
- Plain dark shoes and plain socks must be worn. Plain stockings or tights may be worn instead of socks.
- Winter jackets may be worn over the uniform, not instead of the uniform, to and from school, but not in the classroom. These should be dark in colour.
- The school tie should be worn to and from school, not only on the school campus. Ties must be worn by all primary/secondary students, apart from girls wearing shaila.
- Shirts must be tucked in. (Primary only)
- Jewellery is not allowed apart from small stud earrings for girls.
- Nail polish and make-up is strictly forbidden.
- Shoes should be black or dark blue – no trainers.
- PE uniform should be worn for PE, on PE days only. Students from Year 4 up should change into school uniform after PE.
- Long hair should be tied back neatly and colouring of hair is not allowed.
Note: Uniforms can be purchased from the school uniform supplier located in Aljeera building, along from Ansar Gallery in Abu Hamour. Shirts, jumpers, cardigans and PE jackets should ideally contain the school logo.